Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Recap and preview

Friday – 6
With the 4:45 club members (5K and Gazelle). We did the annual Friday run, beach run and splash. Started at the Watch Hill Gazebo out to Ocean View on to Atlantic where we went on the beach for a 2 mile beach run. Back out to the roads of WH and on to Napatree for the splash.

Saturday – 0
Did not want to pull a 0 this day as the plan was go long on roads early than onto beach with family. Went to open garage door when garage door opener broke after 15 years.  So, off to Home Depot as WE showed up and installed the new opener while wife and daughter went to beach – how does that work? 

Sunday – 16 double – 6 at 6 than 10 on the beach
After Saturday installing the garage door opener for most of the day, I wanted to go to the beach for a long run. Went out at 6am for a quick 6 out and back from my house. Came home from the run and loaded the car and cooler for the beach – I was pumped because we were going to get there for low tide. Arrived at the beach and I happen to see wakey, wakey (Mike C) – asked Lori if he could come out and play (dog collar was off). Wakey, wakey ran the first 2 miles with me down to the state beach – the crowd must have frightened him – my thought was – plenty of sights (sorry Julie). My epic run was from the Weekapaug Breachway to Taylor Swift place - all on the beach – 5 mile down – 5 miles back for a total of 10 barefoot on the beach.  The state beach was pack with all sorts of people or at least they look like people as my sunglasses were fogging up – not from the sights either - from the heat. Run up to the very end of the beach in as it was low tide – you could almost run up to the light house. Waved to TS but she was didn’t recognized me. When I returned everyone wanted to know how long it was down to TS house – space watch had it exactly at 10. Took a quick drink then went right into the ocean for a swim. Had lunch than (my favorite part of summer time ) took a nap in the beach chair (out like a light) even missed Mike C going back home – sorry Mike. This was a fun run and would have been better with group of people. Running at low tide on the beach is one of my favorite running places.


Monday – 0
Pulled another 0 as my legs were feeling it along with my feet – the sand was hot on Sunday so might have burned the bottom of them.

Tuesday – 9 track work out plus Stonington fun run
Meet up with 5K at the Westerly Track for 6x4x2x6x4x2 work out. The 6’s were killer but the 2’s were easy and fast. I had the feeling the entire time that a gazelle was coming around the corner ready to push me out of the way – he’s in NH after Seth Strava records. The plan is run the Stonington fun run tonight at Dog Watch so looks like another double

Wednesday – Westerly Fun Run

Thursday – 6 before 6 at work

Friday - ?
Saturday - ?

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you at the fun run Mike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah beach runs... And the interesting sights, some burn a persons eyes, and not in a good way.

    ReplyDelete