Monday, July 15, 2013

Last couple of days / next couple of days

Friday – 0
Unfortunately I could not get to the annual summer Friday run & splash as I had other engagement – work. I had to get into work early this day.

Saturday – 13
Decided to run down to Greenhaven - my bike loop - started out early because of traffic concerns on Pequot Trail and Route 2. Happen to come across a fox, not of the lady type, but the actual. The lady types are usually on beach runs (Hi Julie). While on Greenhaven road I happen to come across a pack of bikers (8 to 10) – hard to explain, but when you are out early biking/running the comradely among people who share interests/activities in common with you is impressive, as we passed, everyone provided words of encouragement. Ok, after the group hug, back to running. Coming to the end of Mechanic Street I decided to go into the Westerly Park (looking for follow runner Beth) than out along Canal/White Rock Road across the bridge back into CT on Route 2, back home. The last half mile or so I started to hear squishy sound – this was from my Asics as I was soaked head to toe because of the humidity. Funs run when done early as some of these roads are heavy traveled.

Sunday – 10 barefoot on the beach back to TS house
The plan was bike the track I ran on Saturday and do a light run on the beach. Woke up early to a light rain – decided to forgo the bike ride. I’m not a fan of biking in the rain. Because of the overcast in the morning our beach day started later than usual. This was a concern of mine as we arrived and low tide had already passed. Now the tide was coming in which meant running in thicker/heaver sand. Started out not knowing how long I was going to go – just felt like running – as I was coming up to the Westerly town beach I was thinking someone would come from behind and join me (5k or gazelle and family) – no luck. Decided to run back to TS house AGAIN. Turned around at TS house and thought – why did you do this – as this run was work in that the sand was thick/heavy. I was not enjoying this run other than a seeing of a fox (of the other type) or two (Hi Julie). I was coming back along Westerly town beach when all of a sudden something hits me from behind – Gazelle takes me down from behind. He just texted me looking for a beach run – go figure. Handed me water (which was needed) rounded up Matthew and told Mark where he was going. Mark decided to stay at the beach – good decision on his end because the group in front of the Walkers was impressive – who the wish one? So the last two miles I had some much needed company/conversation. Matthew once again wouldn’t stop talking (sarcasm). Thanks Jeff and Matthew for the last half of this run as the sand was thick/heavy and work. Jump in the water for a quick dip and took a nap (nice).

Monday -0
Much needed rest day as I went long on the last two

Tuesday
Nick Bottone track mile (maybe) game day decision. Conor has something brewing on LAX game in Westerly with the Westerly LAX summer league.

Wednesday – WTAC run run

Thursday – 6 at work

Friday – back with the annual summer Friday run & splash

1 comment:

  1. I'll run in anything, but I'm not a fan of riding in the rain either. Good running with you on the beach. Your mileage is quite impressive of late.

    ReplyDelete