Monday, July 22, 2013

Friday 6
Annual run and splash with Gazelle and 5K at 5- splash in Weekapaug (Fenway). Fun run good company. Going back to the cars to head home I happen to run in to a distance cousin who was going surfing. I haven’t seen him in 20+ years and I have run into him twice in one week – the other time was earlier in the week for a wake for his father.

Later that morning the entire Boumenot family got invited to the Groton Navy Sub base for a command change ceremony – My boy is best friends with the sub school captain and commanders father – the Roberts family. This was an unbelievable day seeing so many officers dressed in there whites plus a visit from a vise admiral –this day bleed red, white and blue. Great speeches along with great tradition. After the patriotic festivities we were invited for a tour of the base were we got to go into one of the sub simulators – that right, I got to drive a sub, how cool. My kids who have both gone over to the base a number of times were not impressed – really – today generation. I’m happy to have taken this day off and to get invited to this ceremony were I absorbed every minute and every detail – nice to get called SIR, instead of the everyday dad, idiot, shithead, Michael, Mike, dummy, dum-ass, asshole, WE, my dad, your father……. I bet you all know who calls me all those bad words (hi Julie). In summary, this was great day.

Saturday 0
I hated putting down a 0 on this day. The plan was to run long but I was little tired from driving submarines yesterday so by the time I awoke it was way too HHH – even for me. I was than supposed to meet Jeff for a ride up to get our swag for the Blessing race – comes to find out the Walkers were head up that way and they pick up my swag for me – THANKS.

Sunday 13.5
Headed out just after 5am for a run down to Riverbend cemetery – I haven’t visited my grandparents grave in a long time, come to find out, nothing has changed – they are still dead (little humor) - sorry these things freak me out. As I entered the cemetery it started to rain – I figured this was a sign from my grandmother. I had to remember where they were hanging out so after a turn here and there I found them – stop for a prayer. I decided I would then run over to Jeff house, who was not home (he was going to run long, 20+ this day with Muddy). If you look at my run on Strava you will see I actually run into his driveway. I wonder what his neighbors think with all these early morning activities, comings, goings and congregating around. Unfortunately Jeff did not leave a water stop for me at the house – must of miss that text message (thought about using the hose) as I was getting little thirty. Head back home using the Elm Street route and into the park – the park is a great place to run early, Beth is lucky being so close. Then out to Canal Street into White Rock across Route 2. Good run happy with the pace.

Monday 3.8
Legs were feeling it a little, plus with the Blessing race later this week I decided to run just over 3 at 8 pace – shake out the soreness.

Tuesday 4+
Stonington fun run at Dog Watch – with warm up and cool down this will be 4+

Wednesday 4+
WTAC fun run - with warm up and cool down this will be 4+

Thursday ? day before race

Friday – 10
Blessing race – first time doing this race and thanks to the Walkers for logics.

5 comments:

  1. That Navy experience sounds pretty awesome. You're putting some good runs together. See you at the shitshow on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dogs...wish I was joining you instead of praying I don't swim with the fishes on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day at the sub base!! Yes I am fortunate to have the park! Truly nice to run down the hill and then loop the park and check everything out and go off to the wilds of CT or RI! See you, Seth, and Jeff at the Blessing! Or rather, see your dust!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see the forcast Beth? There will be no dust - only puddles.

      Delete
    2. Check the weather, are you kidding me? I like to be surprised! Well then see your rooster tails as you blaze through the puddles. ;)

      Delete