Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend and rest of week

Saturday 6
Solo group run early Saturday down to the park and back – noting worth sharing. I was not able to join the group up in Richmond as I had family obligations to take care of early.

Sunday 24+ bike ride (Easter)
We (the family) went to Easter mass on Saturday night – kids went to in-laws for Easter breakfast. The morning was free. Time to get the bike out – I wanted to go out early but it was just little chilly. So I waited just after 8 to ride down to Watch Hill, traffic was light. While on Ocean View I happen to pass (coming the other way) on his bike local runner/biker Jeff Vuono – wished him good luck as he will be running the Boston Marathon. I also passed John Hammett who was on his Sunday group run. I decided to turn onto Shore Road and ride down to FiveK house – looking for a coffee break. No luck as he was not home. He was over his parent’s house for breakfast (Text him later that day – that’s how I knew). I knew I should have gone pass his mom and dads – next time have Mary set a plate for me. Now, let’s go see how Jeff is feeling – as I turned into his neighborhood and headed up the hill this Volvo comes over the hill headed right for me. Oh, wait, I’m in the middle of the road. It was Jeff who was itching to get outside. We talked for few minutes on his procedure and recovery – good biking into him. I could tell he was craving to be out and about on the bike or a run. He was going down to the beach for a walk. Now time to go home as I started to feel hungry and the energy level wasn’t there. I used it all up from Watch Hill to FiveK house biking into the wind. As I was coming over the hill on Beach Street I could see a runner just up ahead about in front of Moore Mill. I knew who this was going to be – it was Beth. Slowed up right next to her and ended up scaring her. She was out running again after running 24 miles the day before – unbelievable – you rock girl. We talked for a few going down Elm Street. Wish a happy Easter and off to home I went. Couldn’t believe all the people I ended up seeing on this ride (Jeff V, John H, Jeff W and Beth). In addition, I got two beeps from passing cars – not sure who they were. Was it because I was hogging the road or because of wearing biking shorts.
 
Rest of the week
The usual work lunch runs. Like to try and get in a 7 or 8 mile run along with a speed workout.
Saturday, casual bike as Sunday is Foot Pursuit 5K race

1 comment: