Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekly update

Friday 6.3
4:30 club with Gazelle and 5K. Got the email on Thursday from 5K asking if we are up for the 4:30 club run and he also puts what the temperature was going to be along with what it’s going to feel like (8 but fells like -8). Now my wife Julie intervenes (as she does often) (Hi Julie) and responds back to 5K – are you guys FREGIN NUTS. After she sent that email I had to remind her that running at these temperatures that our nuts freeze and we have none for a least a hour after the run. Always good company and we have the road to ourselves.

Thursday 5.5
Cold 10 degrees out (like Gazelle house – you have to read his blog get that joke). Walk into the fitness center at work and the instructor who was teaching a fitness class – yells from behind the floor to ceiling glass – Mike, are you going outside today. Turn around and gave a polite expression – YES.  Funny thing, I was going to run on the treadmill but after he put me on the spot in front of the entire class I had to MAN-up and run outside.

Wednesday 5
This was the day it snowed – text message from Gazelle asking if I could come out and play down in his hood with 5K. Unfortunately I had a meeting in the morning and couldn’t make it – damn work. Later in the day (after the meeting) I went out for out and back from my house in the snow. I ran in my trail shoes (sneakers). Tuff time running on the somewhat plowed roads – summary, wasn’t a fun run.
 
Tuesday - 0
All hell broke loose at work with a clinical study that I’m working on, plus the snow, I was not able to get out or even to a treadmill

Monday - 7.2
I decided I would run to the Westerly Park – looking for a Beth sitting – who decided to BIKE instead. I didn’t want to run back the same roads so I decided I would go UP High Street (another big hill) and go home via White Rock. Running this route you have to pass a nursing home so I was wondering if this would be the place that Jeff moves into later this year – July J. They have small asphalt path about 100 yards so Jeff could do he’s speed workouts – racing around wheelchairs.

Sunday - 9.5
Mentioned to the Julie that I was going out early Sunday for a run. She asked me where are you going to go – answer, not sure, I’ll figure that out when I start. How can you not know where you are going. That the best part – just run. So I decided to go to the High School. When I went down the back road behind the High School where the athletic fields are I happen to see a TRAIL that leads to a neighborhood – one that I’m familiar with.  So trail run it was (short distance Jonny). I’m now in this neighborhood that the only way out on streets is up some major hills. I picked the one behind the Middle School – longest but not the steepest. So now I have run to the High School and Middle School – how to get home without going back. I had to run on two major roads in Pawcatuck (Pequot Trail – it’s a road not a trail) and Route 2.  While on Route 2 I figured that I would go to one of the Elementary Schools and this would cover all the public schools in Pawcatuck – sort down and back. Called this on Strava Hot For Teacher – song by Van Halen.

Saturday - 0 (rest day)
I was watching/listening to the weather on Friday and they mentioned heavy rain for all day Saturday. Plus no email on a group run.  That sucks, so I figured I would take a rest day. Come to find out the rain started later in the day – could of, should of run

2 comments:

  1. Best you stay off Pequot Trail and Rt. 2 or you are going to beat Jeff to the nursing home by a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA - that will be the only way i will beat him

      Delete