Tuesday, January 7, 2014

back to work

Winter, winter, winter, winter – where do I begin – I think you all know how I feel
Unfortunately after a 20+ day vacation in the month of December I had to go back to work. This meant going to bed early, getting my work and workout stuff out the night before. After being on vacation for extending period of time – I forgot some things when it came to workout stuff. I had a period of time to run outside on Monday, before the heavy rain came in but forgot few things - running socks, hat and gloves. When I change into my gear to go outside I thought about running in my dress socks – NOT – just kidding but that would have been funny. So now what to do – run outside in the light chilly rain with no socks. What do I do godfather – act like a man – nahhh. I have multiple treadmills in a controlled environment with multiple TV’s along with towels and endless supply of water. I ended up doing a 10K on the treadmill watching the fitness class do this workout thing called TRX Intervals and little ESPN.
We will see about Tuesday as wind chill has temps below zero
On a side note – I have now pack extra socks in my gym bag

Tuesday - ran The Controlled Environment 10K (treadmill)

Wednesday - ah finally, able to get outside were I ran 5.2 miles. I was the only person who ran outside from work. No one was outside. Warmed up fast but the face was cold the entire time. Looks like I my need a baclava or a balaclava or whatever Jeff & Chris call it - I cant even say it with my Rhode Island accent.

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, Mike. I forget at least one article of clothing every time I try to run from work. Still, running sockless must be better than running on a treadmill, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is when it is dry out but it was raining when i planned on goiing out - i now have a little blister - that was pop last night - i really hate winter :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I forget stuff too. You should have stopped by I probbaly had 3 extra pair of socks!! TRX is fun, you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we supposed to feel sorry for your confusion after your 20+ day vacation? Are you sure you're forgetting to pack socks was related to being away so long, or perhaps due to your age?

    Runner's World definition of treadmill:
    "Treadmill (n.): A torture device perfected in the 20th century, designed to destroy one's mind through sensory deprivation and monotony."

    ReplyDelete