Tuesday, January 28, 2014

This past weekend update and rest of week

Saturday 12.1 group run
Email went out from Jonny about group run in Charleston. When I arrived little early I notice Jeff’s car in the parking lot – no Jeff – where did he go? Was he in the bakery already? Muddy arrives – asked the same question. Than out of the dark – remember we go out early – this runner appears with orange vest wearing shorts. Come to find out Jana kicked Jeff out early so he decided to get in 8 before our run. We began the run going down Charlestown Beach Road out to the breachway into the wind. This was the windiest head wind I have ever run in, sand and snow stinging you in the face. Difficult to carry on a conversation of any sorts but everything said at this point of the run was not repeatable (rated R). Finally reach the breachway, turn left on the beach – ahhh – wind at our backs - that’s more like it. We went out to Moonstone Beach than on Matunuck Schoolhouse Road. The last 2 miles or so Jeff and Muddy were about 10 seconds ahead of Jonny and I – they don’t play nice in the sandbox. Remember, Jonny was racing on Sunday so I decided to hang with him. We had pretty good conversations going on. We got back to the parking lot and Jonny had to go. Jeff wanted to run more so he could get in 20 (I don’t think he wanted to go back home). Muddy and I agreed to join in for another 2 or 3 more miles. When we ended the run we decided to go across the street to this small bakery. While waiting to order we met older couple (around Jeff age) who are runners themselves and do many triathlons. They (Meg and Andrew) asked us to join them while eating our treats and drinking our coffee. We took over the bakery having a very fun enjoyable conversation – great couple.

Sunday 0 (rest day)
I did sign up for a another TRI – Block Island

Monday 6.2
Speed work – 5X400’s with 1x200. I looked at the weather for the week and Monday was going to be best/warmest day. Unfortunately I was not able to do speed work last week because of the weather. The day was windy as the first half of the 400’s were into the wind. Long cool down after the 400’s.

Tuesday 6
It is time to wash my cold weather gear – trust me. So I will have to do a treadmill run this day.
Funny thing happened to me this morning on the way to work. I came out of DD that is by my house minding my own business on my way to work just after 5:00am when someone beeps at me – really, road rage at 5:00am, really. It was a gray Volvo with RI license plate JW-5 something, something with 26.2 sticker on the back window – guess who? Was Jeff going for early morning run with wakey, wakey in North Stonington – NO WAY. Picked up the phone and text (while driving – SO, I can multi-task) and I was drinking my coffee. Come to find out he was going to NH for work – I bet he already ran 6 miles in shorts.

Wednesday 6.2 (10K)
Treadmill run again – I thought it would be ANOTHER cold day after listening to the weather man. So I started my warm up when who do I see come out of the locker room – Beth. I asked her if she ran outside – Yah, it was great out. Feeling like a wimp now as many runners went outside for a lunch run. I did not bring my cold weather gear. So to take out my frustration I decided to do little speedwork on the treadmill running mile repeats @6:40/6:30/6:20 with half mile cool down at 7:30 pace. I’m not a geek like some of you – I use the machine to do the math. I was a 1% grade.
What the hell – why are people doing DOUBLE runs for in the winter – do you people have a LIFE. How can you get in another run – I wake up very early, work (sort of), run. What about home life (do you have a home) kids, cooking, cleaning, laundry …………………….what the hell is the secret       Summary - Get a LIFE

Thursday – Outside for sure
Friday – 4:30 club run
Saturday-?
Sunday – Super5K  

1 comment: