Monday, January 13, 2014

This week

Saturday 10
Unfortunately I couldn’t join the group run in the morning so I decided I would go out from the house. Rain was predicted for later in the day so I knew I needed to go out early. When I began my run I had no idea how many miles I wanted to log. I have run this track many times and know the mile markers before the space watch chimes. As I turned onto R184 to get a even 4 miles on the space watch I decided I would go little further down on R184. Just so you know R184 not the best road to run on – little to no room and traffic travels very fast because of the smooth surface. I thought I would explore the neighborhood that was just ahead – never been in there. Small hood with houses that were built around the late 60’s – Jeff remembers the 60’s. Ended up starting out with no number in mind and ended up with 10. I feel these are the best runs, when you have no number in mind to run – you just run. Sometimes when you have a number in mind when you go for that run - it can play with the mind.

Sunday – rest day (I believe in rest days)
Again unfortunately I couldn’t run with fellow WTAC club at this weekend race.  Both my kids are involved in sports this winter. Casey basketball games are Saturday afternoon and Conor indoor lacrosse games are at Conn College and can be between 9 and 12. It would be hard to go to the Narragansett area and get back in time. Wish the races were on Saturday morning.

Monday ?
Challenge day – I have a dentist appointment in the afternoon so the challenge will be how to get the run in before and if I do – how long - the stress

I happen to see this cartoon – thought I would share – I ask, who do you think this could be?

Monday 6.2
I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon (crone) for when had root canal in November.
So I was wondering how I could get my run in. I left my work building to head on over to the fitness center to change for my run. As I was walking over I thought – why run at work, than change, than go to the dentist. I figured I would just go home and run – than shower, change and go to the dentist. I thought I would have my neighborhood to myself but I was surprised by who is home and out at this time (noon-ish) – traffic and walking dogs. Got home, logged into work making sure no fire drills. The weather was great for January. Out the door I went, the plan was for 5 but felt good to be outside in sunny weather. Got home look at the time and now I was late – quick shower and got to the dentist in time. Why is it we always have to wait at the dentist or the doctors – I rushed to get here just so I have to WAIT for them – really. I always schedule my appointments just after lunch – first one, when they get back, figuring they would be on time – not the case today. Then there are the magazines that are at the dentist/doctors. Who the hell wants to look/read People, Time, Shape etc…….What about Running Times, Runners World, Cycling/Biking, Inside Triathlon, Sports Illustrate even SURFING magazine (just for you Crutch). OK, Ok, OK I done with the rant.

Tuesday 6.2
Did the Controlled Environment 10K (treadmill)
Unfortunately I was not able to get out earlier for a run outside. When the time came for the run – it was pouring.

Wednesday 7
Great day weather wise – wasn’t sure going out the door from work on which way to go. I decided I would go down to UCONN Avery Point and do some speed work. I usually do his early in the am when no one is around – just the UCONN police watching me on video camera. Mid day so I knew I would be in for some traffic with the college being open. Lucked out, very little traffic doing my (6) 400’s with a lap cool down in-between. One of these days I have to figure out the space watch so I can get my times – on of these days. I’m not THAT geeky that I need to know my times – trust me it hurt and was a good workout. Since the weather was nice I decided to go for a long cool down run – summary - good day

Look like everyone did some kind workout on this day – I see on Strava hill workouts (Beth) and speedwork by everyone else – Crutch as-well. I’m surprised the Westerly police did not evacuate the school grounds and call in SWAT. I though everyone was going to keep low profile for the WINTER – looks like all are in race mode. Chris G has an excuse – he’s in Hawaii I believe (lucky).

Thursday 6.3
When I left the fitness center at work I was undecided how long or which way to go. Ended up turning right – wind in face - bad decision ? Funny how when I never know how long to go or where to go I end up enjoying the run (“Just felt like running”). I ended up doing the BITCH nice and easy – This is a hill that the runners where I work call “The Bitch”. My sick sense of humor , love coming back from the run and the fitness instructor will always ask me how was my run or where I went – so I enjoy saying “did the bitch” out in the open. I really like saying “did the bitch from behind” when I go down that hill. The non runners will look at you funny. After I concurred the bitch I decided to do some zigzagging around EB (Electric Boat) roads and parking lots to get at least 6 miles.

Friday 6.2
The 4:45 club newly named 4:30 club from 5K house. Nice run with a full moon this morning, weather was nice, good company, good conversation = good run. Neighbors must hate 5K and Jeff as the conversations at 4:30 in the AM (Crutch) are louder than if later in the day. You can hear dogs barking as soon as we pass the house. Unfortunately this morning we ran near Steve & Mary house (5K mom & dad) and no smell of bacon, eggs or coffee in the air – VERY disappointed.

6 comments:

  1. Jeez, I'd say that was Jonny or Gazelle, but I get that business from Lori all the time so it might be me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking it might be Jonny Miles.

    I often bring my own running magazines to doctors, dentists, etc., as I also don't want to read People, I Love Cats, Teddy Bear News, Sheep!, or Miniature Donkey Talk Magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking Johnny too! Try not showering before the dentist, they may get you in quicker!!! Words With Friends keeps me occupied... Welcome back to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonny it is / with Gazelle second
    if it was Gazelle - Jana would go with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "But Honey, I was doing home loops," (JH).

    Next time the bacon and eggs better be cookin'

    ReplyDelete