Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekly Log 19-May to 25-May

Monday – 5 mile run from work, feeling it this morning with that ride from yesterday.

Sunday – Bike down to gazelle’s (6m) to meet up with Tom5K and gazelle for a ride through Charlestown beach area then up to Burlingame and back to Dunns corners (28m). This was the route Tom5K help train gazelle for Boston. The bike down to gazelle was all downhill – easy / bike home was uphill and not fun plus the traffic through downtown Westerly. This was the second ride of the year and with the new clip-on bike shoes. I struggled on the hills, not sure if I should have eaten something before this ride of just out of shape. The last climb of the day – up Burdickville Road (biggest hill of the day). They had to wait for me at the intersection of Route 91. When I stopped at the intersection I forgot – to clip out – when I realized what I just did I knew I was going to fall – funny how you know you’re going to crash but you don’t know the outcome. Fell to my right on to grass – all was fine – hurt ego but everyone falls at least once or twice with clip-on’s. Told the wife this story – hasn’t stop laughing yet. I hate being the subject of her enjoyment. With the bike down and back from gazelle’s plus the ride - ended up doing 40m total – the was by far the most ever I have been on the bike. Good company plus the scenic ride in early morning made for a challenging workout.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a very solid weekend of training and racing..you will be back to yourself in no time!

    ReplyDelete