Tuesday, March 4, 2014

January and February

January and February
Not my favorite time of year – especially for running.  In the past I used these two months to explore other workout routines like lifting weights, biking and working the muscles around the knees.  My running during these months averaged around three to four times a week and nothing long.
The other day I went to log into Strava and did some geeky data exploring.  I wanted to know how many miles for the month of January/February - just so you know I’m not Jonny miles or Jeff the Gazelle - I have a life outside of running.  I’ve been running around seven years or so and this has been the most productive winter running I have run.  I’m still going to continue with a least one rest day a week – I believe in rest days.  Now that March has arrived and hopefully some warmer weather we will be getting into the spring race season.  Now the fun begins with speed workouts and biking (soon I hope).  But the real challenge for the next couple of months will be family obligations as we go into lacrosse season with the kids and yes this has already started - we are a lacrosse family.  Now more than ever I have to pay attention to the calendar, schedules and my personal secretary (hi Julie).
Last week I was little disappointed in that I was not able to add in speed work.  I did have two good tempo runs back-to-back but not the same.  With Ocean Run Half coming this weekend I’m not sure on a pace or a goal for time.  I have time this week to form thoughts/comprehend something so we’ll see - or as I like to say game day decision

No comments:

Post a Comment