Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My turn

Wednesday 5 (last week)
The weather was breaking (warm) on this day – instant message Beth to see if she was going outside. She was but earlier in the day because rain was in the forecast.  Unfortunately I had heavy workload and couldn’t get outside until after noon time. As I was making my way to the fitness center at work – I have to walk about ½ mile – I could feel rain drops. Decided to run outside anyway – thinking it was just going to be a light rain. Wrong – after the fist ½ mile the sky opened up. So this turned into a temp-o/puddle jumping run. I was under dress as well.

Thursday 8 (last week)
This was going to be one of the warmest days of 2014 (so far) so I couldn’t wait to get out and run. I was having a challenging work week so my plan was to get lost for awhile.  I started looking at the space watch after the first mile and I notice I was running/feeling good – just under 7 pace. I decided I would try to maintain this pace for the 8 miles – mission accomplished.

Friday 4 (last week)
Heavy rain - wasn’t motivated plus I was feeling it a little in the legs from the past two days of temp-o runs. Ended up running easy pace on the treadmill

Saturday 15 (Group Run with Chris, Justin, Tom and Jeff)
The email went out on Friday – Jeff was looking to do 15 – no course picked out yet. Tom wanted to swim after the run so he asked to start at the Y. I didn’t want to run the Boom Bridge/Ashaway loop – done that few weeks back. So I mentioned running down to Greenhaven – looks like I have just became the organizer. So I went out to MapMyRun and planed a route that included water stop at my house – just after 11. Chris had to go just after 5 (he just wanted to run around 8 or 10) so he went back via Greehaven Road. We had to cross over 3 major/heavy traveled roads (Route 1, Pequot Ave & Route 2) all sort brief crossings, plus as usual it was early in the day. On that – because of the past couple of days we had a little spring thaw so the roads were little icy in spots – see Jeff blog. I did not plan for Jeff fall on the ice – that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. After the water stop we had to cross Route 2 – this is a four lane heavy traveled road and now it’s just over 8 o’clock in the morning so traffic is busy. Do you remember the game Frogger. That’s how we basically crossed Route 2 to get to White Rock. Good company, good run.
Sunday 0
Couldn’t get out on this day which was the warmest in 2014 yet – unlike most of you – I have a life other than running.

Monday 7 (this week)
Wow, I wasn’t expecting to do 7 as my work schedule is little hectic in the beginning of the week (meetings that last forever). I got out before lunch and into a groove.

Rest of week ?
I’m sure it will be the usual 5 or 6 mile lunch run
I would like to get in at least one day of speed work

1 comment:

  1. Told ya it was going to rain! Sorry you and your shoes got soaked.

    ReplyDelete