Friday, October 11, 2013

little late


Sorry little behind on the blog
Last weekend while everyone was off doing their vision quest Tom 5K, Shara and I did the
the inaugural Ocean Road 10k http://www.oceanroad10k.com/ in Narragansett

I haven’t done a 10K race since 2009 and this was going to be a point-to-point along the water. Yes, wind played a hand but still a fun race and good distance. Strategy was little different than a 5K.
Tom took second, Shara took third overall women and I took second in my age group, 10th overall 41:04/6:37 pace (thanks Jeff for not participating). Age group award are supposed to be mailed – haven’t seen a thing. Oh-well, I have a feeling this race will grow in popularity next year in my which I intend to do again

Rest of week – running at lunch, various distances

Although on Tuesday I did something I always wanted to do – I ran over the Thames River Bridge to New London on interstate 95 – pedestrian lane. Cool view looking down at the water. Major head wind coming back against traffic. I will do this route again.


3 comments:

  1. Nice work! Sounds like a fun race and I dig the point-to-point layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great result, Mike! Looks like a fun race, and I really like that stretch of road. Oh, and thanks for waking me up in the parking lot today, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great race!! That is one of my favorite places to run when I run in Narragansett. Gold Star Bridge, awesome!

    ReplyDelete