Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekly Log 10-Feb to 16-Feb

Tuesday: 5
Cool 37 degrees, ran my usual streets in Groton.  I have been running these streets now for over 8 years, in every kind of climate – today was very difficult because of the black ice (I’m part of that 4:45 club that runs very early).  I had to walk around every corner, run in the middle of the streets; I tried all kinds of ways to run this route, black ice everywhere.  I finished with running 5 miles in 8 minute pace – wasn’t happy with that, so I will make the excuse of the black ice – man, I hate winter.

Get this – after finishing the run, showering and all that other stuff, I was WALKING to were my building is for work (1/2 mile away) according to Strava, yes I did measure it (big campus) plus I park in the parking garage (anther story) when I slipped on BLACK ICE.  I did not fall but I must have look like Kramer.  I bet whoever was driving by they must have had a good laugh. I hate winter
 
Monday: 5
Last week I began running on a routine bases - running on the treadmill at work playing around with speed and incline averaging 3.5 miles a day, seeing how the knee was going to hold up. My story is that I did not want to get halfway into a run and then walk back to work in the cold dark February morning, but the truth is I hate winter.

The knee has been progressively improving, especially this past weekend with little to no pain at all. So this morning I ventured outside running the streets of Groton, CT. The streets were slushy, and it was hard to find pavement to run on but I made the best of it and plowed through this run. Everything felt good, just little uneasiness with breathing cold outside air again.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I can picture the Kramer image as you describe it. Anyways, good for you for venturing out in the dark - I am deathly afraid of ice and only just made it out this morning after it was above freezing and most of the ice was gone. Its also funny how the worst injuries come during the most mundane moments and you don't even get a good story out of it.

    ReplyDelete