Friday, January 25, 2013

Update

Seeing that it was 7 degrees out at 5:50 in the morning (I hate winter), I decided I would TRY running on the treadmill in the fitness center where I work. What could be better for a COLD January morning, running in a controlled environment watching 3 different TV stations (ESPN, CNN, News Channel 8 out of Hartford)

Side note – the traffic girl on News Channel 8, OMG sometimes I wonder how I do not trip (breath Mike breath) – ok back to reality. Teresa LaBarbera is her name

Remember, I have not run for 13 days due to knee pain.  So I began slow, got to about 1 tenth on the treadmill and the pain was unbearable (and the traffic girl wasn’t on yet). I ended up walking for 2 miles. Looks like a trip to the doctors next week to discuss MCL pain.

4 comments:

  1. That really sucks...keep us posted on the doctor visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear it Mike. I hope the doc can fix you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Not good. We miss you out here (well, we miss harassing you at least), so hopefully the doc will get you back on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, sorry to hear that your injury is lingering on. Injuries are so frustrating! You are doing the right thing though. Hopefully, you will be back to yourself by spring (also when it is warmer).

    ReplyDelete