Sunday, August 18, 2013

Shouldn’t have – but I did (run on 49)

Friday 7, before 7 at 7 pace with 5K
(777 was the # Tom5K had to win Foot Pursuit in April) – go figure
Annual Friday run & splash – Muddy was going to join us for the run then go longer, but he drop us like a cheap date for some guy who runs trails all the time (aka Jonny). When I arrived at the parking lot of the Westerly town beach 5K was just pulling in. I happen to ask where Jeff ? Get this, he says – I should have gotten this in writing – Jeff said he’s too beat to come out for a run. WHAT, no way – we both couldn’t believe it. Could it be that the age thing is finally creeping up, as you have just over 300 days before the big 50 – but who’s counting. Understandable as he has vacation hang-over from the west coast. 5K and I ran around Misquamicut back to the town beach and meet Steve S. He and 5K were going to do TRI swim training while I was going for a splash and dash – next year for that swim training. No traffic, good company, conversation and run.

Saturday  14.5 shouldn’t have – but I did
Started from the house down to White Rock, than on to Boom Bridge. Figured I would run into Ashaway. Instead of turning right onto Anthony into Ashaway, for some reason I continued on Boom Bridge. Now, how do I get back to Pawcatuck? I did not want to do out and back. Decided to take 216 than 49 back home. Trouble with this is 49 is not the best of roads to run or bike on – so your road sense or guard goes up a notch or two. Because I went out so early, only three cars went by me on 49, all going the other way.
Sunday – Bike 13
Yup, got the bike out. The plan was to run at the beach down to TS house again. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t working on my side – so settled for the easy bike ride around Greenhaven. Had the roads to myself – no one out.

Monday – not sure yet
Might go out for 4 from work in the afternoon easy as this will be day before the battle

Tuesday – Battle of Stonington 5K

Wednesday – WTAC last fun run

Thursday – probably my boring 6 from work
Friday – not sure yet
Weekend – long run, where is the question

1 comment:

  1. Sunday the weather was great on my side of the river, well at 7 a.m. but you were probably home by then!!

    ReplyDelete