Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Just a update

Friday 5 - annual run and splash
Ran with 5K, Jeff, Matthew, new guy – Jeff’s neighbor Chet and ready for this ………..wakey, wakey,  Mike C. Please note, this was not at 4:45 – more like 7:00ish. Ran the streets of Watch Hill than splash at Napetree.

Saturday - 7
Out the door and not sure which way I wanted to go – decided to run to Westerly. Ran down to the park, ran in the park than around the park - no Beth sighting. A motivating place to run early in the morning because you have the park to yourself.

Sunday 16 (double)
Ran 6 at 6 from house out and back – nothing new, same old, same old.
We (family) went to the beach late morning. Got a text message from wakey, wakey asking if I was at the beach, sent a text message to 5K to see if he was at the town beach.  Seeing Jeff just did a TRI and Run for Kerri – I figured he was dead. Plus I figured he was getting ready for his trip out west to get his yearly supply of EPO. 5K replied back that he was down to TS beach with a mermaid. Arrived at beach and happen to hook up with WW (wakey, wakey) who gave a detailed race recap. I happened to notice – low tide – YES. Ask Lori (Mike C wife) if WW could come out and play. Text 5K – on my way. Left Seaside beach, had a nice run and conversation with WW who ran down to the Westerly town beach we me. This is where I was hoping for a Jeff sighting who would have joined in for the rest of the way. Took out the IPOD hit play and off I went down to TS house again. Low tide the entire time – love running on the beach at low tide, hard pack sand and little traffic. As I was getting closer to TS house I was hoping that 5K had extra water. Arrived at the wall of TS house, she was not home, again – according to WW who is friends with her, she in Wisconsin. 5K had water ready – Yes, thanks. Chatted it up on the Block Island TRI and meet a mermaid. 5k joined the run back for about ½ mile – he had to get back, understandable. This was the best beach run of the summer – low tide, not that humid, good company and conversation. Why does summer have to end. So ended up doing the run down to TS house for additional 10 miles.

Monday 0
Rest day

Tuesday (double) 5 in the am – 3 in the pm
Track work out with 5K in Westerly – 7x400’s, 2x200’s and a bunch of warm up/cool down laps
Dog Watch (Stonington Fun Run) later tonight – solo, as Jeff on vacation and 5K has family down company. I will give full scouting report later in the week (hi Julie).

Wednesday 3+
WTAC Fun Run – I have Muddy job or Mason as I have to put the signs out, so get ready for some lost runners around the beach.

2 comments:

  1. I was out in Killingworth on Saturday a.m., drats!! Love running in the park, so beautiful and serene.

    ReplyDelete