Monday, June 17, 2013

To the Boroughhhhhhhhhh and back

On Saturday I ran 8 before 8 out and back from my house – typical early morning run – no excitement
Sunday 14 (father’s day) - After my run last week to my old neighborhood in Ashaway, RI  (Juniper Drive), I decided I needed to plan another long run to someplace cool. So after my wife and I had dinner in the borough on Saturday night, I thought how cool to run to the borough. I started at 5:30 so I could avoid traffic on Pequot trail (the sighting of the woodchuck last week). The run to the borough was eventful free – very little traffic that early. When I came over the train bridge into the borough the sun was just coming up and it was very airy quite. No one was out, no traffic, no trains and no one walking dogs. I had the entire borough to myself. When I ran by Noah’s restaurant – I could smell the bacon – that just cruel. I ran all the way down to the end of Water Street where the little beach is and did a loop in the dirt parking lot. Wow - what a view of Long Island NY and Watch Hill, RI – with the sun coming up and the water com – another Forrest Gump moment. The entire time in the Borough I never came across a living soul or a vehicle, I had the place to myself. Up over the bridge and back to Pawcatuck. The sun is up now and in my face on the way back – forgot to where my sunglasses. This sucked as I had to pay attention to traffic. On the way back I had a big hill to climb – the one on Elmridge Road by the golf course. I was thinking about this the entire time on the way back, plus that bacon. This was a fun run and having the Borough all to myself was the best – one of my favorite places to run in the summer. Now – where to go next week, Westerly Beach, Greenhaven loop, North Stonington……………..  ??  

2 comments:

  1. North Stonington! Good run to the Borough, though, and you kept a good pace throughout. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greenhaven is one of my favorites, the out and back on Osbrook takes me into another world. I just don't know how you can take it all in running so fast!! :)

    ReplyDelete